Dr. Kent Hovind Obliterates Evolutionist Bill Nye!!

[ Go to bottom  |  Go to latest post  |  Subscribe to this topic  |  Latest posts first ]

Zbacku

72, male

Zangle Expert

Dr. Kent Hovind Obliterates Evolutionist Bill Nye!!

from Zbacku on 06/13/2015 07:04 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHFqFP-Li_o

TheRedJester

28, male

Zangle Expert

Re: Dr. Kent Hovind Obliterates Evolutionist Bill Nye!!

from TheRedJester on 06/13/2015 10:38 AM

meh i think this is more of a comedy scetch than a good counter arguement. if he adressed specific points based on scientific research then that would make more sense than just making fun of an idea for not mkaking sense to him. the other thing is while i think some of his critisim is valid the way he goes about disproving science is wrong and most of his arguements have been disproven. perhaps if he picked up a modern text book he might have a better insite. thing is he is barely accepted by fundamentalist christians for his out dated ideas and thats saying something.

Bozette

-, female

Zangle Expert

from Bozette on 06/13/2015 10:59 AM

@ TheRedJester...he does address specific points scientifically.  This video includes a few snippets from a series of videos that last several hours. He collected textbooks...and read them..before, during and after his teaching career.  You may dismiss him, but please discount his statements if you wish your criticism taken seriously.

Zbacku

72, male

Zangle Expert

from Zbacku on 06/13/2015 02:26 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATSYYaPWc3g

Zbacku

72, male

Zangle Expert

from Zbacku on 06/13/2015 02:30 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATSYYaPWc3g

So, tell me.   Just how did Matter and Energy come for NOTHING.  
Tell me how LIFE evolved from Nothing....
Evolution takes more faith to believe than Creation. 

Zbacku

72, male

Zangle Expert

from Zbacku on 06/13/2015 02:48 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aApEXcAOxiI

Zbacku

72, male

Zangle Expert

from Zbacku on 06/13/2015 02:55 PM

Why would I dismiss one that tells the TRUTH?   I suggest you watch one of his videos.  And do so without any preconceived ideas that we evolved from NOTHING.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aApEXcAOxiI

TheRedJester

28, male

Zangle Expert

from TheRedJester on 06/13/2015 03:17 PM

@bozette and Zbacku ive read a few of his books and while he has some valid concerns about the orgin of the universe and life he is overly underwelming in his education on the matter. there are some very valid reasons to object to the theories of abiogenesis, astrophysics, plate techtonics, and cosmology but he doesnt present any of them well, for a simple reason he majored in theology and attended unaccredited schools. he has a loose understanding of science at best, and has questionable ethics having been given a prision sentence for money laundering essentially. the thing is there are far better young earth creationists out there who have a better understanding of the science and of basic history than he does aswell as much stronger moral fiber. if you wanna defend your faith and show how silly science can be at times dont pick a crazy criminal conspiricy theorist without a proper degree, pick someone equiped to defend your faith with a sound mind. he is a funny and charming guy but then again many sociopaths are, but i urge you too look a little deeper and not make an idol of him.

TheRedJester

28, male

Zangle Expert

from TheRedJester on 06/13/2015 03:34 PM

"So, tell me. Just how did Matter and Energy come for NOTHING.
Tell me how LIFE evolved from Nothing....
Evolution takes more faith to believe than Creation."

in response to your statement.

1) are you assuming im athiest because i dont agree with all young earth creationists?
well i could be, or i could be a christian who understands science... or an agnostic, or any form of theist for that matter. to say that i am non theistic because i dont agree with one person is a weird leap in logic to take if you ask me.

2)you dont really understand evolution if you think life came from nothing, you read on abiogenesis (still a silly idea if you ask me but youshould know about it before you defame it.) it seems your young earth creationist friend didnt understand the idea himself. as he issued the following challenge. it seems he doenst understand the different branches of science involved in his question as much of are not related to evolution.

I have a standing offer of $250,000 to anyone who can give any empirical evidence (scientific proof) for evolution.* My $250,000 offer demonstrates that the hypothesis of evolution is nothing more than a religious belief.[80]
*NOTE: When I use the word evolution, I am not referring to the minor variations found in all of the various life forms (microevolution). I am referring to the general theory of evolution which believes these five major events took place without God:
1. Time, space, and matter came into existence by themselves.
2. Planets and stars formed from space dust.
3. Matter created life by itself.
4. Early life-forms learned to reproduce themselves.
5. Major changes occurred between these diverse life forms (i.e., fish changed to amphibians, amphibians changed to reptiles, and reptiles changed to birds or mammals).

3)does faith in an improvable concept such as god take less faith than trying to understand the physical world through science? well thats interesting as a concept does something needing less faith make it a more valid concept? if so then is ignorance of science and religion not more valid as it takes no faith? either way my bet is on the flying spegetti monster. cheers and have a nice day.

« Back to forum