Confederate Flag Controversy

First Page  |  «  |  1  |  2 [ Go to bottom  |  Go to latest post  |  Subscribe to this topic  |  Latest posts first ]

cattastrophy

79, male

Zangle Expert

Re: Confederate Flag Controversy

from cattastrophy on 07/06/2015 04:22 PM

Chance, your remark "last time I looked, there was no Law against having opposing viewpoints afterall, this is America as you stated", has one flaw in it "OPPOSING VIEWPOINTS". I DARE YOU to go out in the street and call a homosexual a faggot or a queer or a fairy or a homo, see where it gets you now seeing that SCOTUS has set it in stone. I DARE YOU to go out in the street and call an African American the "N" word, a porch monkey, or some other "offensive" word to them. Hell, they even get upset when I am speaking spanish and use the word NEGRO, which means black in spanish.

BUT I DARE YOU to refuse to sell any of your products to a gay couple because of your RELIGIOUS BELIEFS...5 Supreme Court Justices seen to that and according to law YOU NO LONGER HAVE THE RIGHT TO YOUR RELIGIOUS BELIEFS. I DARE YOU to say something to an African American when they call you HONKEY, SODA CRACKER, WHITEY or someother "offensive" word 5 Supreme Court Justices seen to that and accordint to law IT IS CONSIDERED A HATE CRIME WHEN YOU DO IT TO THEM.

So Chance PLEASE tell me again about "OPPOSING VIEWPOINTS"?

Look deep in the eyes of a man and you can tell what truth if any is in his heart - My Apache Grandfather...Gosheven

H.D.Rider

56, male

Zangle Expert

from H.D.Rider on 07/19/2015 12:11 AM

Confederate_vs_US_flag.jpg

"To have a flag that symbolizes oppression flying by any state in an official capacity is a disgrace to our country." If that statement were true, I'd agree with you. But it's not !

Reply Edited on 07/19/2015 12:13 AM.

H.D.Rider

56, male

Zangle Expert

from H.D.Rider on 07/19/2015 12:27 AM

The Morrill Tariff, which more than doubled the average tariff rate (from 15% to 32.6% initially), was passed by the U.S. House of Representatives during the 1859–60 session of Congress, and was the cornerstone of the Republican Party's economic policy. It then passed the U.S. Senate, and was signed into law by President James Buchanan on March 2, 1861, two days before Lincoln's inauguration, where he threatened war on any state that failed to collect the new tax. At the time, the tariff accounted for at least 90 percent of all federal tax revenues. The Morrill Tariff therefore represented a more than doubling of the rate of federal taxation! Jefferson Davis proclaimed that the economy of the Confederacy would be based on free trade. The South controled most of the shipping ports.

I assume you don't live in the South or for that matter know anything about the South and the War of Northern Aggression. What if the South had control of Congress and decided all States taxes not Southern would double. That wouldn't piss you off?

We Sons of Confederate Veterans pledge ourselves to perpetuate the memory of our Confederate Ancestors, who by their sacrifices established the Confederate states of America and fought to preserve their declared independence.

Slavery_VS_Independence.jpg

Reply Edited on 07/19/2015 12:30 AM.

cattastrophy

79, male

Zangle Expert

from cattastrophy on 07/19/2015 03:53 AM

Don't understand these photos.

Look deep in the eyes of a man and you can tell what truth if any is in his heart - My Apache Grandfather...Gosheven

Reply Edited on 07/19/2015 04:00 AM.
First Page  |  «  |  1  |  2

« Back to forum