Confederate Flag Controversy

1  |  2  |  »  |  Last [ Go to bottom  |  Go to latest post  |  Subscribe to this topic  |  Latest posts first ]

Mopvyzo_USA

59, male

Zangle Expert

Confederate Flag Controversy

from Mopvyzo_USA on 06/23/2015 04:00 PM

My opinion on this subject may offend some people, but I felt it needed to be said. To have a flag that symbolizes oppression flying by any state in an official capacity is a disgrace to our country. It should for that reason be removed. The U.S. is supposed to stand for freedom and democracy, and that flag does not.

10_200X200.png
Mopvyzo USA

chance1776

98, male

Zangle Debator

Re: Confederate Flag Controversy

from chance1776 on 06/24/2015 03:49 AM

if History doesn't piss one off now an then, it's not doing it's job correctly.

last time I looked, there was no Law against having opposing viewpoints
afterall, this is America as you stated

while reading the latest from  Chicago Tribune 
shooting victims

Last updated June 23, 2015  
Jan. 1, 2015 - June 23, 2015

shooting victims

can we blame a flag or not?
 amagine.jpg 
you seen the picture of Ted Cruz facing a gun?
just amagine the same gun pointed at a LIBERAL
the controversy would be tearful and hatefilled   

cattastrophy

79, male

Zangle Expert

from cattastrophy on 06/25/2015 07:39 PM

Mopvyzo USA, here is my opinion and it may just piss YOU off.

The Confederate flag is nothing more then a piece of cloth with a black x on it with a bunch of stars....THAT'S ALL THE DAMN THING IS.....A FLAG.

Now people are pissing and moaning about the flag of the south BUT THEY KEEP THEIR DAMNED MOUTHS SHUT WHEN IT COME TO THE QUEER FLAG.

People say the Confederate flag represents OPPRESSION

THE GOD DAMNED FAGGOT FLAG REPRESENTS HOMOS ALL OVER THE WORLD. The Confederate flag only represents oppression over the Southern States in the United States. NOW PLEASE TELL ME WHICH HAS THE LARGER PIECE OF THIS FLAG PIE...HOMO'S OR SOMETHING THAT HAPPENED OVER 100 YEARS AGO.

Look deep in the eyes of a man and you can tell what truth if any is in his heart - My Apache Grandfather...Gosheven

Cezar

8, male

Zangle Expert

from Cezar on 06/25/2015 07:48 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGAYfwp68wg

Boycott, write, email and tell them why you will not shop at their stores.

Reply Edited on 06/25/2015 07:49 PM.

Bozette

-, female

Zangle Expert

from Bozette on 06/29/2015 07:13 PM

@ Cezar...I notice the claim in the video that one vendor said it was due to federal law, I have heard that elsewhere as well, but I cannot find any verification of that, can you?  I know that several stores had sold out and were taking orders from people immediately following the announcements.   

What the Confederate flag represents has been distorted over time and it has been adopted by groups/people who have nothing to do with what it originally stood for.  That few people know their history is what is a shame.  You, and many others, may feel it is a symbol of slavery.  The same could  be said for the US flag, under which slaves were only considered as three-fifths of a person and under which slavery was still legal and practiced after the Emancipation Proclamation freed the southern slaves.   

cattastrophy

79, male

Zangle Expert

from cattastrophy on 06/30/2015 10:34 PM

I'm sorry but I fail to see the difference between the Confederate Flag, the Gay Pride flag, the POW/MIA flag.

They are flags that wave in the breeze. They wave at the home, parades, and flagpoles of people and cities.

Why the big fuss over a damn piece of red cloth with a blue and white "X" on it with 13 stars on the blue X? BECAUSE OBAMA HAS MADE IT A POINT. He did in his spew to that congregation.

People, you need to grow up and quit acting like children squabbling over something so trivial

Look deep in the eyes of a man and you can tell what truth if any is in his heart - My Apache Grandfather...Gosheven

Marianne

-, female

Zangle Expert

from Marianne on 07/02/2015 04:30 PM

Well said, Bozette!

betz

73, female

Zangle Expert

from betz on 07/02/2015 05:33 PM

I for one am so sick of all of this.  It's a freaking flag.  We all need to get over it and move on.  Dang this PC crap drives me nuts. 

Bozette

-, female

Zangle Expert

from Bozette on 07/03/2015 09:57 PM

Thanks Marianne.

Marianne

-, female

Zangle Expert

from Marianne on 07/06/2015 06:17 AM

You're welcome, Bozette!