Today's Devotion ......"Jesus Is There Thourgh The Storms "

[ Go to bottom  |  Go to latest post  |  Subscribe to this topic  |  Latest posts first ]

cindy67

75, female

Zangle Head Debator

Today's Devotion ......"Jesus Is There Thourgh The Storms "

from cindy67 on 07/04/2015 12:02 AM

Today at 10:35 AM

Here is today's Devotion....

"Jesus Is There Through The Storms"

The other day as raindrops scatter across my windows of my home as the storm is going on outside. As I curl up to spend time praying. And these words come to my heart: "When all is said and done the storms I go through in life and what is happening in this world with all going on. The one thing I know ....I get to go home to Jesus."

In the moment as I sit I'm having my time for Him to put all my burdens and fears , and cares before the Lord. So many things happening in the world and I wonder why ? But I smile as I realize God is in control and he has the plans set for what is to be . I know no matter what happens in this life, when all is said and done we get to go home to Jesus for eternity.

That reality gives us the strength and courage to serve: Jesus knew that the Father had put all things under his power, and that he had come from God and was returning to God; so he got up from the meal, took off his outer clothing, and wrapped a towel around his waist. After that, he poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples' feet. John 13:3-5

We are called to be foot-washers and holy risk takers, too. To step outside our comfort zones, face the storms. We can only do that if we are sure of where we're ultimately headed and who will be waiting for us.

I close my eyes and all the questioning stops. I remember again that I am loved and Jesus loves us all . It is not because of what I do but because of who I belong to. Home is where my heart is and I'm not in heaven yet. But I'm learning this: Home is also Who's within my heart.

And as I whisper a prayer while the storm subsides, and knowing there will be many paths of storms on this earth the one thing I know is Jesus is there.

cattastrophy

79, male

Zangle Expert

Re: Today's Devotion ......"Jesus Is There Thourgh The Storms "

from cattastrophy on 07/06/2015 03:51 PM

Cindy THAT was beautiful and OH SO TRUE.

I may not be the Christian that people think I should be because of the way I act with my language but I look at it this way...at the end of the day I can lay my head on my pillow and the only one that I have to atone to for what I did that way is God and Jesus.

I say not and I have always said you can take everything from me, you can even cut out my tongue to silence me but one thing you cannot take from me till I am dead is my God and my Jesus. I keep telling people I believe in God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, and the Bible, now I may not read it but I know it is there when I need it...and lately I am needing it a lot with the latest rulings by those that are pretending to be God, you and I know them as the Supreme Justices.

But one thing about that scenerio is this ... I DON'T HAVE TO ANSWER TO GOD FOR THEIR DECISIONS.

Thank you Cindy for that bit of devotion today. It was welcomed in MY home.

Look deep in the eyes of a man and you can tell what truth if any is in his heart - My Apache Grandfather...Gosheven

« Back to forum