LIBERALS’ VERSION OF THE 23RD PSALM

[ Go to bottom  |  Go to latest post  |  Subscribe to this topic  |  Latest posts first ]

Doofiegirl

86, female

Zangle Expert

LIBERALS’ VERSION OF THE 23RD PSALM

from Doofiegirl on 08/07/2015 12:17 PM

Christians facing adversity have long derived comfort and reassurance from the words of the 23rd Psalm found in the Old Testament. But how would these hallowed words read if they had been written by a contemporary American liberal instead of King David? I suggest that if written by a contemporary American liberal—the kind who will vote for Hillary Clinton even if she is in jail where she belongs on election day—the 23rd Psalm would read as follows:

The government is my keeper, I shall not want.

It makes me lie down in a field of handouts.

It leads me beside fellow dependents.

It restores my benefits.

It leads me in the path of entitlements for its name's sake.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of work,

I will fear no job for the government is with me;

Its handouts and entitlements comfort me.

It prepares a table before me in the presence of working taxpayers;

It anoints my checkbook with subsidies;

My pockets overflow.

Surely income redistribution shall follow me all the days of my life,

And I will be shackled by government dependence forever.

This version of King David's best-known Psalm summarizes succinctly what the eventual Republican candidate for president will face in running against Hillary Clinton. Even those government dependent individuals who will have to cross their fingers behind their backs to vote for Hillary Clinton will still do so because she is the candidate most likely to maintain their access to the federal treasury. So many Americans now derive their sustenance from government handouts that the Democratic nominee for president—any Democrat—begins the race with almost half of the electorate in his or her corner.

If a Republican candidate—any one of them—is going to defeat Hillary Clinton, that individual is going to have to energize as no Republican candidate has before the half of the electorate that is paying for the government entitlements of the other half. This will not be accomplished by continuing the same old wishy-washy, don't-hurt-anyone's-feelings tactics favored by the mainstream Republican Party. Rather, it will require a candidate who is willing to step up to the plate and hurt some feelings that need to be hurt if America is going to survive. This is why Donald Trump now leads the pack among Republican candidates. Some may not like what he has to say, but a lot of Americans admire him for saying it. Those who make their living by actually working in America are tired of weak-willed politicians who tiptoe around the feelings of those who don't work and don't intend to.                                               http://patriotupdate.com/liberals-version-of-the-23rd-psalm/

« Back to forum