Search for posts by Doofiegirl

1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  ...  36  |  »  |  Last Search found 355 matches:

Doofiegirl

86, female

Zangle Expert

Trivia question of the day

from Doofiegirl on 09/28/2015 03:29 PM

http://freecoupons.triviatoday.com/coupons/?t=FUKDCNOOGB&e=          http://freecoupons.triviatoday.com/coupons/?t=FUKDCNOOGB&e=                                                                                           Not getting your Trivia Questions? Click Here

A
NEW
Trivia Question has been Posted!
Click to Play!  http://freecoupons.triviatoday.com/coupons/?t=FUKDCNOOGB&e=  
Missed
Yesterday's Question?
Get the answer here!
Today's Question was submitted by:
Trivia Today Staff

Reply Edited on 09/28/2015 03:31 PM.

Doofiegirl

86, female

Zangle Expert

Today in History

from Doofiegirl on 09/28/2015 12:23 PM

Today is Monday, September 28, the 271st day of 2015. There are 94 days left in the year.
September 28, 1928
Scottish medical researcher Alexander Fleming discovered penicillin, the first effective antibiotic.
William the Conqueror invaded England to claim the English throne.
Portuguese navigator Juan Rodriguez Cabrillo arrived at present-day San Diego.
the Congress of the Confederation voted to send the just-completed Constitution of the United States to state legislatures for their approval.
flogging was abolished as a form of punishment in the U.S. Navy.
the First Battle of the Aisne during World War I ended inconclusively.
during World War II, Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union signed a treaty calling for the partitioning of Poland, which the two countries had invaded.
the motion picture drama "Mildred Pierce," starring Joan Crawford, opened in New York.
voters in the African country of Guinea overwhelmingly favored independence from France.
Walter E. Washington was sworn in as the first mayor-commissioner of the District of Columbia (he'd been appointed by President Lyndon B. Johnson).
first lady Betty Ford underwent a mastectomy at Bethesda Naval Medical Center in Maryland, following discovery of a cancerous lump in her breast.
deposed Philippine President Ferdinand E. Marcos died in exile in Hawaii at age 72.
Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin and PLO chairman Yasser Arafat signed an accord at the White House ending Israel's military occupation of West Bank cities and laying the foundation for a Palestinian state.
Ten years ago:
House Majority Leader Tom DeLay was indicted by a Texas grand jury on a charge of conspiring to violate political fundraising laws. (DeLay was convicted in 2010, but the conviction was ultimately overturned.) A woman disguised as a man slipped into a line of Iraqi army recruits and detonated explosives strapped to her body, killing six recruits in the first known suicide attack by a woman in Iraq's insurgency. The U.S. Treasury unveiled the new $10 bill, featuring splashes of red, yellow and orange.
Five years ago:
The youngest son of North Korean President Kim Jong Il, Kim Jong Un, was selected for his first leadership post in the ruling Workers Party, putting him well on the path to succeed his father. Movie director Arthur Penn ("Bonnie and Clyde") died in New York a day after turning 88.
One year ago:
In an interview that aired on CBS' "60 Minutes," President Barack Obama acknowledged that U.S. intelligence agencies had underestimated the threat from Islamic State militants and overestimated the ability and will of Iraq's army to fight. Gov. Jerry Brown announced that he had signed a bill making California the first in the nation to define when "yes means yes" and adopt requirements for colleges to follow when investigating sexual assault reports. Europe defeated the United States to win the Ryder Cup, 16 1/2 to 11 1/2. Jordan Zimmermann threw the first no-hitter by a Washington Nationals pitcher in a 1-0 victory over the Miami Marlins.
Today's Birthdays:
Actress Brigitte Bardot is 81. Actor Joel Higgins is 72. Singer Helen Shapiro is 69. Movie writer-director-actor John Sayles is 65. Rock musician George Lynch is 61. Zydeco singer-musician C.J. Chenier (sheh-NEER') is 58. Actor Steve Hytner is 56. Actress-comedian Janeane Garofalo (juh-NEEN' guh-RAH'-fuh-loh) is 51. Country singer Matt King is 49. Actress Mira Sorvino is 48. TV personality Moon Zappa is 48. Actress-model Carre Otis is 47. Actress Naomi Watts is 47. Country singer Karen Fairchild (Little Big Town) is 46. Country musician Chuck Crawford is 42. Country singer Mandy Barnett is 40. Rapper Young Jeezy is 38. World Golf Hall of Famer Se Ri Pak is 38. Actor Peter Cambor is 37. Writer-producer-director-actor Bam Margera is 36. Actress Melissa Claire Egan is 34. Actress Jerrika Hinton is 34. Pop-rock singer St. Vincent is 33. Rock musician Daniel Platzman (Imagine Dragons) is 29. Actress Hilary Duff is 28. Actor Keir Gilchrist is 23.
Thought for Today:
"A great truth is a truth whose opposite is also a truth." — Thomas Mann, German writer (1875-1955).

Doofiegirl

86, female

Zangle Expert

Trivia Question of the Day

from Doofiegirl on 09/27/2015 03:44 PM

Not getting your Trivia Questions? Click Here

A
NEW
Click to Play!  http://freecoupons.triviatoday.com/coupons/?t=JK1W7GLLO3&e=
Missed
Yesterday's Question?
Get the answer here!
Trivia Today Staff

To unsubscribe from Trivia Today please click here | Privacy Policy
Trivia Today | 16192 Coastal Highway | Lewes | DE | 19958

Doofiegirl

86, female

Zangle Expert

Today in History

from Doofiegirl on 09/27/2015 11:52 AM

Today is Sunday, September 27, the 270th day of 2015. There are 95 days left in the year.
September 27, 1995
the government unveiled its redesigned $100 bill, featuring a larger, off-center portrait of Benjamin Franklin. (Yet another redesign, featuring a high-tech makeover aimed at thwarting counterfeiters, was announced in April 2010.)
Pope Paul III issued a papal bull establishing the Society of Jesus, or Jesuits, as a religious order.
the first great disaster involving an Atlantic Ocean passenger vessel occurred when the steamship SS Arctic sank off Newfoundland; of the more than 400 people on board, only 86 survived.
the United States said it was recognizing the Nationalist Chinese government.
Judy Garland, at age 13, signed a seven-year contract with MGM.
Warsaw, Poland, surrendered after weeks of resistance to invading forces from Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union during World War II.
Glenn Miller and his Orchestra performed together for the last time, at the Central Theater in Passaic, New Jersey, prior to Miller's entry into the Army.
"Tonight!," hosted by Steve Allen, made its debut on NBC-TV.
the government publicly released the report of the Warren Commission, which concluded that Lee Harvey Oswald had acted alone in assassinating President John F. Kennedy.
silent film star Clara Bow, 60, died in Los Angeles.
Congress gave its final approval to forming the U.S. Department of Education.
Columbia Pictures Entertainment Inc. agreed to a $3.4 billion cash buyout by Sony Corp.
more than 350 Republican congressional candidates gathered on the steps of the U.S. Capitol to sign the "Contract with America," a 10-point platform they pledged to enact if voters sent a GOP majority to the House.
Ten years ago:
In a fiery appearance before Congress, former FEMA director Michael Brown angrily blamed the governor of Louisiana, the mayor of New Orleans and even the Bush White House that appointed him for the dismal response to Hurricane Katrina; in response, lawmakers alternately lambasted and mocked the former official. New Orleans Police Superintendent Eddie Compass stepped down from his post four weeks after Katrina destroyed the city. Army reservist Lynndie England was sentenced to three years behind bars for her role in the Abu Ghraib prison scandal. (She ended up serving half that time.)
Five years ago:
Southwest Airlines announced the $1.4 billion purchase of AirTran. Temperatures reached 113 degrees in downtown Los Angeles, the highest in records kept since 1877.
One year ago:
President Barack Obama, in an address to the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, said that a widespread mistrust of law enforcement that was exposed by the fatal police shooting of an unarmed black man in Ferguson, Missouri, existed in too many other communities and was having a corrosive effect on the nation, particularly its children. The Mount Ontake (ahn-TAH'-kay) volcano in central Japan erupted, killing 57 people. Hong Kong activists kicked off a long-promised massive civil disobedience protest to challenge Beijing over restrictions on voting reform. James Traficant, the colorful Ohio Democrat-turned-independent whose conviction for taking bribes and kickbacks made him only the second person to be expelled from Congress since the Civil War, died in Youngstown at age 73. Actor George Clooney married human rights lawyer Amal Alamuddin in Venice, Italy.
Today's Birthdays:
Actress Kathleen Nolan is 82. Actor Wilford Brimley is 81. Actor Claude Jarman Jr. is 81. Author Barbara Howar is 81. World Golf Hall of Famer Kathy Whitworth is 76. Singer-musician Randy Bachman (Bachman-Turner Overdrive) is 72. Rock singer Meat Loaf is 68. Actress Liz Torres is 68. Actor A Martinez is 67. Baseball Hall of Famer Mike Schmidt is 66. Actor Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa is 65. Singer Shaun Cassidy is 57. Comedian Marc Maron is 52. Rock singer Stephan (STEE'-fan) Jenkins (Third Eye Blind) is 51. Democratic National Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz is 49. Actor Patrick Muldoon is 47. Singer Mark Calderon is 45. Actress Amanda Detmer is 44. Actress Gwyneth Paltrow is 43. Rock singer Brad Arnold (3 Doors Down) is 37. Christian rock musician Grant Brandell (Underoath) is 34. Actress Anna Camp is 33. Rapper Lil' Wayne is 33. Singer Avril Lavigne (AV'-rihl la-VEEN') is 31.
Thought for Today:
"I have lived in this world just long enough to look carefully the second time into things that I am most certain of the first time." — "Josh Billings" (Henry Wheeler Shaw), American humorist (1818-1885).

Doofiegirl

86, female

Zangle Expert

Trivia Question of the Day

from Doofiegirl on 09/26/2015 02:13 PM

http://freecoupons.triviatoday.com/coupons/?t=5HF6J501HT&e=                                                                                      http://freecoupons.triviatoday.com/coupons/?t=5HF6J501HT&e=Not getting your Trivia Questions? Click Here

A
NEW
Click to Play!   http://freecoupons.triviatoday.com/coupons/?t=5HF6J501HT&e=
Missed
Yesterday's Question?
Get the answer here!
Trivia Today Staff

To unsubscribe from Trivia Today please click here | Privacy Policyhttp://freecoupons.triviatoday.com/coupons/?t=5HF6J501HT&e=

Reply Edited on 09/26/2015 02:16 PM.

Doofiegirl

86, female

Zangle Expert

Today in History

from Doofiegirl on 09/26/2015 12:45 PM

Today is Saturday, September 26, the 269th day of 2015. There are 96 days left in the year.
September 26, 1960
the first-ever debate between presidential nominees took place as Democrat John F. Kennedy and Republican Richard M. Nixon faced off before a national TV audience from Chicago.
British troops occupied Philadelphia during the American Revolution.
Thomas Jefferson was confirmed by the Senate to be the first United States secretary of state; John Jay, the first chief justice; Edmund Randolph, the first attorney general.
John Philip Sousa and his newly formed band performed publicly for the first time, at the Stillman Music Hall in Plainfield, New Jersey.
the Federal Trade Commission was established.
the Meuse-Argonne offensive, resulting in an Allied victory against the Germans, began during World War I.
the radio drama "The Shadow," starring Orson Welles, premiered on the Mutual Broadcasting System.
Hungarian-born composer Bela Bartok, 64, died in New York City.
following word that President Dwight D. Eisenhower had suffered a heart attack, the New York Stock Exchange saw its worst price decline since 1929.
the situation comedy "Gilligan's Island" premiered on CBS-TV.
William H. Rehnquist was sworn in as the 16th chief justice of the United States, while Antonin Scalia joined the Supreme Court as its 103rd member.
the Motion Picture Association of America announced it had created a new rating, NC-17, to replace the X rating. (The first movie to receive the new rating was "Henry & June.")
four men and four women began a two-year stay inside a sealed-off structure in Oracle, Arizona, called Biosphere 2. (They emerged from Biosphere on this date in 1993.)
Ten years ago:
Army Pfc. Lynndie England was convicted by a military jury in Fort Hood, Texas, on six of seven counts stemming from the Abu Ghraib prison abuse scandal. (England was sentenced to three years in prison; she ended up serving half that time.) International weapons inspectors backed by Protestant and Catholic clergymen announced the Irish Republican Army's full disarmament.
Five years ago:
Gloria Stuart, the 1930s Hollywood beauty who later became the oldest Academy Award acting nominee as the spunky survivor in "Titanic," died in Los Angeles at age 100.
One year ago:
Fire broke out in the basement of a suburban Chicago air traffic control center, temporarily halting operations at O'Hare and Midway airports; an FAA contract employee, Brian Howard, was accused of cutting cables and setting the fire before slashing his throat. (Howard pleaded guilty to willfully destroying an air navigation facility and using fire to commit a felony, and was sentenced on September 11, 2015 to 12 1/2 years in prison.) American warplanes and drones hit Islamic State group targets in Syria and Iraq as the U.S.-led coalition expanded to include Britain, Denmark and Belgium. Former first daughter Chelsea Clinton gave birth in New York to her first child, a daughter named Charlotte.
Today's Birthdays:
Retired baseball All-Star Bobby Shantz is 90. Actor Philip Bosco is 85. Actor Richard Herd is 83. South African nationalist Winnie Madikizela-Mandela is 79. Country singer David Frizzell is 74. Actor Kent McCord is 73. Television host Anne Robinson is 71. Singer Bryan Ferry is 70. Actress Mary Beth Hurt is 69. Singer Olivia Newton-John is 67. Actor James Keane is 63. Rock singer-musician Cesar Rosas (Los Lobos) is 61. Country singer Carlene Carter is 60. Actress Linda Hamilton is 59. Country singer Doug Supernaw is 55. Rhythm-and-blues singer Cindy Herron (En Vogue) is 54. Actress Melissa Sue Anderson is 53. Actor Patrick Bristow is 53. Rock musician Al Pitrelli is 53. Singer Tracey Thorn (Everything But The Girl) is 53. TV personality Jillian Barberie is 49. Contemporary Christian guitarist Jody Davis (Newsboys) is 48. Actor Jim Caviezel (kuh-VEE'-zuhl) is 47. Actress Tricia O'Kelley is 47. Actor Ben Shenkman is 47. Actress Melanie Paxon is 43. Singer Shawn Stockman (Boyz II Men) is 43. Jazz musician Nicholas Payton is 42. Actor Mark Famiglietti (fah-mihl-YEH'-tee) is 36. Singer-actress Christina Milian (MIHL'-ee-ahn) is 34. Tennis player Serena Williams is 34.
Thought for Today:
"Pity the meek, for they shall inherit the earth." — Don Marquis, American journalist-author (1878-1937).

Doofiegirl

86, female

Zangle Expert

Combat Race Mongers By Changing How You Think by Mychal Massie

from Doofiegirl on 09/25/2015 04:28 PM

I would be willing to venture with a high degree of certainty, that one of the top three reasons for the acrimonious zeitgeist of disunity in the United States today centers directly upon or tangentially upon issues having to due with race.
Barry Ritholz, the Wall Street wealth management giant, accurately points out that there are 20 cognitive biases, which directly affect individual decision-making. Specific to same, I find his number "16 Salience: Our tendency to focus upon the most easily recognizable features of a person or concept; his number 17 Selective Perception: Allowing our expectations to influence how we perceive the world; and his number 18 Stereotyping: Expecting a group or person to have certain qualities without having real information about the person(s);" particularly noteworthy for discussion purposes herein.

I wish to address the problem of racial assignations within a narrowed scope of these cognitive biases. The most recognizable feature, i.e., "Salience" of a person is their skin color. And the inculcated predisposition to focus on same as a means test for legislated reverse discrimination cannot be overstated.

America and thus Americans have been conditioned to see skin color and then refer to it as "race." The problems with that are manifold, not the least of which there is no such thing as race. The concept of race was a construct of Adolf Hitler, used as a means of validation for asserting Germans superiority, his murdering of Jews, and his thirst for world conquest.

I would also interject that the predisposition to focus on skin color as means of assignation encourages bigotry and a mentality of victimization based upon a subscribed to orthodoxy of inferiority.

I have had several conversations in the last days with persons who identify both animate and inanimate objects in color-coded terms. One person groused with me when I refused to abide the assignation "black church." I questioned no fewer than three persons this week alone pursuant to why it was necessary to identify me as a color-coded conservative. My question to them being: "Does your assigning a color prefix in front of conservative make me more or less of a conservative?"

Inherent in racial assignations is a myopic heterodoxy of a putative "Selective Perception" which is by definition the purest form of "bigotry" even though said is most often an unconscious attribute.

The aforementioned go hand-in-glove with "Stereotyping" which is equally conjoined to bigotry and inferiority complexes.

I know what I have just said is a lot to digest because it requires a deeper and more focused examination of self than most individuals have seldom if ever taken time to assess.

This is why my new "think tank" the Racial Policy Center is of such importance for today. One group of children are being taught they are privileged and inherently insensitive for no other reason than the color of their skin.

Another group of children are being taught that they are the descendants of slaves and that persons who do not share their physical features pursuant to skin color ad nauseum cannot be trusted and seek to do them harm.

Mammoth industries have been created to manage the cognitive conditioning of both groups and they have been massively successful in their stated goal of identifying people as good and/or evil based solely on skin color.

We cannot claim to be color-blind if we speak in color-coded words, sentences, and phrases.

It is up to you and me to combat this divisive and Erebusic heterodoxy from the pit of hell. I have both witnessed and experienced success in my work to open the eyes of people.

We are Americans. There is no hyphen in America. To affix same is as evil as was the mind of Hitler who saw value in dividing people based upon a nonexistent construct for the singular purpose of self elevation.

I've written this to encourage and stimulate discussion based on the examination of one's entrenched perceptions. If you want to know more and/or if you want to discuss this with me, contact me. In the meantime ask yourself if now is not the time we need the Racial Policy Center. And if you say no, then I ask, when will it be time?

Finally you will notice that I made my point without resorting to the diminished articulation of color-coded assignations.

TAKE ACTION: Every $1 helps The Daily Rant reach 1,000 new readers with this article.http://mychal-massie.com/premium/combat-race-mongers-by-changing-how-you-think/?inf_contact_key=592d045cea0b17a50d76a24eb9bf61782d647b2908bd51bd50147f6212362db0

Doofiegirl

86, female

Zangle Expert

Today in History

from Doofiegirl on 09/25/2015 10:48 AM

Today is Friday, September 25, the 268th day of 2015. There are 97 days left in the year.
                                                                                                                                                                            http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/H/HISTORY?SITE=APSeptember 25, 1890
President Benjamin Harrison signed a measure establishing Sequoia National Park.
Spanish explorer Vasco Nunez de Balboa crossed the Isthmus of Panama and sighted the Pacific Ocean.
one of the earliest American newspapers, Publick Occurrences, published its first — and last — edition in Boston.
American Revolutionary War hero Ethan Allen was captured by the British as he led an attack on Montreal. (Allen was released by the British in 1778.)
the first United States Congress adopted 12 amendments to the Constitution and sent them to the states for ratification. (Ten of the amendments became the Bill of Rights.)
President Woodrow Wilson collapsed after a speech in Pueblo, Colorado, during a national speaking tour in support of the Treaty of Versailles (vehr-SY').
the Spanish region of Catalonia received a Charter of Autonomy (however, the Charter was revoked by Francisco Franco at the end of the Spanish Civil War).
nine black students who'd been forced to withdraw from Central High School in Little Rock, Arkansas, because of unruly white crowds were escorted to class by members of the U.S. Army's 101st Airborne Division.
the first installment of "In Cold Blood," Truman Capote's account of the 1959 murders of the Clutter family in Holcomb, Kansas, appeared in The New Yorker. (The work was published in book form the following year.)
Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Tommy John underwent an experimental graft reconstruction of the ulnar collateral ligament in the elbow of his throwing arm to repair a career-ending injury; the procedure, which proved successful, is now referred to as "Tommy John surgery."
144 people were killed when a Pacific Southwest Airlines Boeing 727 and a private plane collided over San Diego.
Sandra Day O'Connor was sworn in as the first female justice on the Supreme Court.
President Bill Clinton pulled open the door of Central High School in Little Rock, Arkansas, as he welcomed nine blacks who'd faced hate-filled mobs 40 years earlier.
Ten years ago:
President George W. Bush wrapped up a three-day trip designed to convey hands-on leadership during the Gulf Coast hurricanes, promising to act on military leaders' request for a national search-and-rescue strategy. A U.S. military helicopter crashed in Afghanistan, killing all five American crew members. Actor-comedian Don Adams died in Los Angeles at age 82.
Five years ago:
President Barack Obama, in his weekly radio and Internet address, said the Republicans' plan to slash taxes and cut spending if the GOP were to retake the House in November was no more than "an echo of a disastrous decade we can't afford to relive." Three crew members, including American astronaut Tracy Caldwell-Dyson, touched down safely, although a day late, in Kazakhstan aboard their Soyuz capsule following a six-month stay aboard the International Space Station.
One year ago:
Attorney General Eric Holder announced his resignation. President Barack Obama, in a sober assessment of international efforts to stem a deadly Ebola outbreak, warned a high-level United Nations gathering that there was a "significant gap" between what had been offered so far and what was actually needed to stem the health crises in West Africa. Derek Jeter capped his Yankee Stadium farewell with a game-winning single in the bottom of the ninth inning to give New York a 6-5 victory over the Baltimore Orioles.
Today's Birthdays:
Broadcast journalist Barbara Walters is 86. Folk singer Ian Tyson is 82. Former Defense Secretary Robert Gates is 72. Actor Josh Taylor is 72. Actor Robert Walden is 72. Actor-producer Michael Douglas is 71. Model Cheryl Tiegs is 68. Actress Mimi Kennedy is 67. Movie director Pedro Almodovar is 66. Actor-director Anson Williams is 66. Actor Mark Hamill is 64. Basketball Hall of Famer Bob McAdoo is 64. Polka bandleader Jimmy Sturr is 64. Actor Colin Friels is 63. Actor Michael Madsen is 57. Actress Heather Locklear is 54. Actress Aida Turturro is 53. Actor Tate Donovan is 52. TV personality Keely Shaye Smith is 52. Basketball Hall of Famer Scottie Pippen is 50. Actor Jason Flemyng is 49. Actor Will Smith is 47. Actor Hal Sparks is 46. Actress Catherine Zeta-Jones is 46. Rock musician Mike Luce (Drowning Pool) is 44. Actress Bridgette Wilson-Sampras is 42. Actress Clea DuVall is 38. Actor Robbie Jones is 38. Actor Joel David Moore is 38. Actor Chris Owen is 35. Rapper T. I. is 35. Actor Van Hansis is 34. Actor Lee Norris is 34. Actor/rapper Donald Glover (AKA Childish Gambino) is 32. Actor Zach Woods (TV: "Silicon Valley"; "The Office") is 31. Singer Diana Ortiz (Dream) is 30. Actor Jordan Gavaris (TV: "Orphan Black") is 26. Olympic silver medal figure skater Mao Asada is 25. Actress Emmy Clarke is 24.
Thought for Today:
"It is as fatal as it is cowardly to blink (at) facts because they are not to our taste." — John Tyndall, English physicist (1820-1893).         http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/H/HISTORY?SITE=AP

Doofiegirl

86, female

Zangle Expert

A COLORBLIND SOCIETY IS ATTAINABLE WHEN WE WORK TOGETHER

from Doofiegirl on 09/24/2015 10:48 PM

http://racialpolicycenter.org/

Mychal S. Massie, Founder and Chairman, Racial Policy Center
The Racial Policy Center not only advocates for a true color-blind society but we believe that a true colorblind society is attainable.

The Racial Policy Center sponsors seminars and debates, produces research policy papers for distribution and provides public defense of those who would be castigated for their beliefs.

Learn more about our mission and beliefs here.     http://racialpolicycenter.org/

"It's time for us to stop fixating on color, period. When we stop fixating on color, we will stop having these discussions [about whether various groups are racist]. We're Americans!" Mychal Massie, Founder and Chairman, Racial Policy Center

Reply Edited on 09/24/2015 10:50 PM.

Doofiegirl

86, female

Zangle Expert

Jeb Bush’s Tall Tales by Mychal Massie

from Doofiegirl on 09/24/2015 10:45 PM

Jeb Bush must be credited with the biggest lie of the evening during the Republican Presidential Debate on CNN. It is entirely possible that his was singularly the most transparent lie that will be told throughout the entire presidential campaign. Bigger even than Christy claiming to be good for America.

Bush was questioned about his $100 million campaign stash and what favors he would be expected to deliver upon pursuant to those who made the donations. Bush, with a straight face, claimed that no favors were expected in return for the massive donations Karl Rove and Reince Priebus are securing for him.
If Bush can lie with a straight face about the favors the bankers, corporate heads, big pharmaceuticals, et al, expect in return for their contributing tens of millions of dollars to him, what else is he willing to lie about? Even a six-year old understands that people give to get. Bush is bought and paid for by the same entities (excluding the Koch brothers and George Soros) who buy and pay for Democrats.

My goodness, we expect a person sharing a ride with us, to pay for tolls and/or offer to pay for gas; and Bush wants us to believe he is receiving tens of millions of dollars from donors just because he is bi-lingual and a nice guy?

We have Marco Rubio, John Kasich, and Lindsay Graham trying to convince us that they are best suited to occupy the Oval Office. Here again, they, like Bush, can say whatever they want but the facts are the facts and their track records as Congressmen are beneath abysmal.

Kasich loves to boast himself as a Reagan Republican. The reality is that the closest he comes to being like President Reagan was eating jellybeans in a Congressional office. Which means nothing; heck, I've eaten jellybeans in the Dirksen Room of the Senate Building and I am darn sure more of a Reagan Republican than Kasich. (For those unfamiliar, President Reagan loved jellybeans and they were in abundance in the White House and throughout Congressional meeting rooms.)

As for Graham, he along with his feckless counterparts have broken promise after promise to We the People. Rubio lied about his support for amnesty. And now they want us to believe they are the only ones who are telling the truth – that they can turn things around. Which is laughable because in reality they are running for Cabinet positions not the Oval Office, and if they were interested in restoring America their Congressional records would give evidence of same.

This is an important election. If candidates are willing to lie to get elected, what can we expect from them if they are elected? Obama and Clinton set new standards for dishonesty and absence of integrity during their campaigns and it carried over exponentially into their administrations.

One evening over dinner at Bullfeathers, the Capitol Hill Restaurant and Bar, a friend with unimpeachable credentials told me that Karl Rove had lamented it was necessary for him to use the Christian base to get George W. Bush reelected. That was fall 2003 and yet today Karl Rove is still pulling the strings of the Bush family. Based on a book he had ghostwritten and/or a three-minute interview on FoxNews – there are those people who argue Karl Rove is a true conservative.

As I have said before, I am not an ophthalmologist. If people refuse to see and reject factuality there is nothing I can do. However, I am not an ideologue. I do not hold my nose and vote nor do I vote out of fear or for the lesser of two evils.

Karl Rove has clandestinely worked to undermine true conservatives and the record of same is readily available for all to see and read. The fact that he has gone to great machinations in an attempt to ensure a Jeb Bush presidency may be his mission, but our mission must be to make sure that never happens.

One last thing: For Jeb Bush to claim that it would be necessary for him to rely upon the same old neocons who advised his father and brother because, as he put it, they are the only ones familiar with the complexities of the Middle East – may sound good – but a song sung out of tune can sound good to someone with a tin ear.

TAKE ACTION: Every $1 helps The Daily Rant reach 1,000 new readers with this article.          http://mychal-massie.com/premium/jeb-bushs-tall-tales/

1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  ...  36  |  »  |  Last

« Back to previous page