Marriage: It’s Not Political; It’s Biblical : Dr. James Taylor

[ Go to bottom  |  Go to latest post  |  Subscribe to this topic  |  Latest posts first ]

Doofiegirl

86, female

Zangle Expert

Marriage: It’s Not Political; It’s Biblical : Dr. James Taylor

from Doofiegirl on 06/14/2015 07:35 PM

Dozens of books have been written in recent years by liberal theologians in an attempt to demonstrate that homosexuality, homosexual relationships, and homosexual marriage are fully consistent with Biblical Christianity. I have grown weary of reading that King David was a homosexual because he loved Jonathan, or that Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed because of a lack of hospitality, or — my personal favorite — that the Bible never actually addresses the issue of homosexual behavior. I would suggest that the fact that some of such foolishness comes from persons who once professed to be Christians is yet further evidence of the fact that the nation — indeed the world — is well along in the Biblically-foretold age of apostasy. During such a period, we are warned about the prevalence of false teachers. How can we tell whether a teacher is false? Who can we rely on? But for the fact that we have the Word of God, we would be adrift on such matters.

One ubiquitous question asked among Christians for a decade has been: What Would Jesus Do? A recent article by Dave Daubenmire thoughtfully addressed the topic: Would Jesus Officiate at a Same Sex Marriage? His article discusses how we can know, for certain, the answer to this question by studying exactly what His Father has revealed to us through the Holy Scriptures as to what He intended marriage to be. If you do not believe that the Bible is the Word of God, this article may mean nothing to you. But even if you don't believe the Bible, I challenge you to read through it, so that at least you can say you have heard the other side.                                                         http://www.westernjournalism.com/marriage-its-not-political-its-biblical/?utm_source=MailChimp&utm_medium=email&utm_content=opinion-articles&utm_campaign=DailyEmail06.13.15

« Back to forum