Today's Joke: When Help Is Not What We Are Expecting

[ Go to bottom  |  Go to latest post  |  Subscribe to this topic  |  Latest posts first ]

Marianne

-, female

Zangle Expert

Today's Joke: When Help Is Not What We Are Expecting

from Marianne on 08/08/2015 02:11 PM

When help is not what we are expecting

An old man is sitting on his porch, when suddenly someone drives up in a jeep, yelling, "Quick! Get into my jeep! The dam just burst and this whole place is going to be flooded!"
The old man says, "Naw, you just go on ahead. The good Lord will take care of me!"
The guy in the jeep zooms off. The water starts pouring in, and the old man has to move up to the second floor of his house. Someone paddles by his window in a canoe and says, "Quick! Get into my canoe! The water is going to keep rising!"
The old man says, "Naw, you just go on ahead. The good Lord will take care of me!"
The guy in the canoe paddles off.
The water keeps rising, and finally the old man is sitting on the top of his chimney, with the water lapping at his ankles. A helicopter flies overhead and lowers a rope ladder down. Someone in the helicopter says, "Quick! Climb up! The water's still rising!"
The helicopter flies off. The water keeps rising. The old man drowns.
The old man finds himself before the Lord in Heaven. The old man says, "How could you let me drown! I trusted you!"
The Lord says, "Hey, I tried. I sent a jeep, a canoe, and a helicopter for you!"

Correction: The Parrot Joke has been sent a second time, instead of this story; there are too many sites to deal with.

« Back to forum